Dawson Media Direct
Client Services Manager - UK & Ireland
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Submitted on: 07/07/2017
As our Client Services Manager (Airline & Publishing Customers) – UK & Ireland, reporting directly into our Head of Europe, your main role will be to deliver the sales and cost targets for the DMD UK P&L, manage the UK sales and regional account management teams, and drive a business development strategy for the UK to contribute to the international growth ambitions of the business.
In this high profile and interesting role you will be:
• Setting up service delivery structures, systems and procedures to support customer requirements
• Driving the DMD strategy for the UK & Ireland – whilst contributing to overall DMD Strategy
• Liaising with specified major customers across their requirements, both commercial and operational, across the aviation and publisher markets – national newspaper accounts, national and global airlines, major UK Airports.
• Managing and monitoring budget performance, fostering a results focused, cost aware and efficient culture
• Contributing to the business development planning process, and delivering an annual business development target for the region through successfully negotiating and implementing new business
• Negotiating with contractor, airline and publisher customers to get the best commercial outcomes
• Controlling and co-ordinating outsourced operations, including managing performance of key sub-contractors
• Close liaison with UK in-house operations to ensure customer service requirements are met daily
• Developing UK sales & regional teams to maximise output
• Deliver scorecard objectives and identify new areas of opportunity and business development
• Responsible for managing the UK sales team and regional managers. People responsibilities include carrying out performance reviews, grievance and sickness absence management etc. and supporting people development requirements of the team
DMD – Langley. Your place of work is subject to change with reasonable notice. You are expected to travel to other sites within the UK and Europe for meetings and training events. You may be required to travel globally.
• Experience in account management, customer service delivery, sales & contract negotiation
• Experience managing and developing a high performing team
• A good understanding of the commercial aspects of the Inflight and publishing markets
• Proven, consistent record in developing a successful team driving service delivery processes and structures
• Ability to work autonomously and drive own agenda
• Experience of customer relations in 24 hour / 7 day a week business
• Managing service delivery and customer satisfaction within a fast paced working environment
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and strong presentation skills
• Experience in nurturing partnerships and building long term relationships with airlines, publishers, suppliers, service providers & contractors, focussed on delivering increased value to the business on a win win basis
• Innovative and creative in developing service provision
• Creative approach to new business development
• Leadership skills
• Can impact vision, gain commitment and ownership, engender commitment, encourage enthusiasm and display energy
• Able to travel as and when required
Although not essential, the ability to speak foreign languages would be an advantage and knowledge of the aviation or publishing market would be beneficial.
Dawson Media Direct is the world’s leading distributor of newspapers, magazines and digital content to airlines and international rail operators. We are uniquely resourced to serve any client as its single global supplier, delivering newspaper and magazine media to airlines and rail operators, and connecting publishers to the valuable travel consumer market. We work with over 150 international airlines and each year manage more than 200 million daily newspapers and magazines, through a worldwide network of service and distribution hubs.
Please send a CV and cover note to email@example.com