DC Thomson Media
Commercial Features Writer
Submitted on: 14/11/2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the editorial team at Scottish Wedding Directory, Scotland’s leading wedding brand.
The successful candidate will work across the title’s print and digital platforms, creating highly engaging content with a particular focus on commercial writing.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Liaising with clients in the wedding industry and working with them to develop creative commercial solutions
- Collaborating with the sales team and Editor to put together strong creative commercial pitches
- Writing commercial copy for the website, magazine and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Nurturing brand partnerships
- Assisting in moderation and maintenance of magazine social media platforms and website
- Researching and staying ahead of the latest wedding trends
- Pitching and writing features for the website and magazine which build on brand values
- Maintaining brand values and consistency of tone across all platforms
The successful candidate will be someone with a writing background who has experience writing for print and online, preferably within a commercial context. They’ll be confident in client-facing situations, and brimming with creative ideas for how to best showcase Scotland’s vibrant wedding industry.
Ideally, you’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, have an awareness of copyright law, be competent in using electronic publishing packages, and be highly comfortable creating content for and monitoring social media platforms.
An immediate start date is preferred. We would also prefer you to be based in our Dundee office, but we will consider applicants to be based in our Glasgow office.
This is a full-time, temporary position covering maternity leave, working 35 hours per week, from our Meadowside/Glasgow office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV, cover letter and up to three examples of your writing (with particular emphasis on client-led writing where possible).
Closing date for applications is Sunday 26th November.