Future announced on Friday the proposed acquisition of the Home Interest division of Centaur Media plc, a portfolio of brands in the home building segment, for cash, at an enterprise value of £32m.
Posted on: 10 July 2017 08:19
Zillah Byng-Thorne: "Centaur’s Home Interest division will significantly add to our scale and momentum."
According to Future plc, the acquisition highlights & rationale include:
• Further diversifies Future’s revenue streams, adding significant scale in events – a business with good revenue visibility and attractive working capital dynamics
• Adds multi-media specialist content activities with market leadership, in line with Future’s strategy
• Brings three more key brands to Future’s portfolio: Homebuilding & Renovating, Period Living and Real Homes (Seven exhibitions, print and digital assets)
• Builds on Future’s platform business by adding a new division without incurring significant overheads
• New, significant growth opportunities as part of Future’s platform business, particularly within eCommerce
• Addition of further market leading content that meets the needs of audiences and loyal communities – a central component of Future’s operating model
Zillah Byng-Thorne, CEO of Future, commented: “Centaur’s Home Interest division will significantly add to our scale and momentum, while further diversifying our revenue streams, as we continue to build a global platform business for specialist media with data at its heart.
“The Home Interest division brings a strong management team and market leading access to an attractive new vertical with clear growth potential. Home Interest’s brands, market position, industry leading events and quality content are a strong fit and will further reinforce our position as a trusted destination for consumers and for our customers.
“We have a track record in profitably integrating acquisitions and we expect the acquisition of Centaur’s Home Interest division to be materially earnings enhancing in the first full year of ownership.”
Nick Noble, Deputy Managing Director, Home Interest commented: “We are delighted to be joining Future’s portfolio of market leading brands.
“Future’s innovative platform business provides significant growth opportunities for us, particularly within eCommerce.
“We look forward to working with Future’s dynamic leadership team and to contributing to the continued growth of the Group.”
Featured Supplier Video
Association of Circulation Executives
A vibrant, celebratory atmosphere was prevalent at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square on Thursday 3rd May 2018 as ACE hosted The Newspaper & Magazine Awards. The Newspaper and Magazines awards this year was a truly memorable event and we are already getting ready for next year. Entry will be open from January 2019 and we want to hear from you. Have you gone out on a limb, pushing the boundaries of your title, yourself and your team? Have you seized the initiative, persevered with your strategy and achieved exceptional performance? For more information, click here
Most read on InPublishing
These are the most read stories on the InPublishing website over the last 14 days, in order from the top.
This list is based on data from Google Analytics, and is refreshed every 24 hours. (Last updated: 17/07/2018 05:48)