Future announced on Friday the proposed acquisition of the Home Interest division of Centaur Media plc, a portfolio of brands in the home building segment, for cash, at an enterprise value of £32m.
Posted on: 10 July 2017 08:19
Zillah Byng-Thorne: "Centaur’s Home Interest division will significantly add to our scale and momentum."
According to Future plc, the acquisition highlights & rationale include:
• Further diversifies Future’s revenue streams, adding significant scale in events – a business with good revenue visibility and attractive working capital dynamics
• Adds multi-media specialist content activities with market leadership, in line with Future’s strategy
• Brings three more key brands to Future’s portfolio: Homebuilding & Renovating, Period Living and Real Homes (Seven exhibitions, print and digital assets)
• Builds on Future’s platform business by adding a new division without incurring significant overheads
• New, significant growth opportunities as part of Future’s platform business, particularly within eCommerce
• Addition of further market leading content that meets the needs of audiences and loyal communities – a central component of Future’s operating model
Zillah Byng-Thorne, CEO of Future, commented: “Centaur’s Home Interest division will significantly add to our scale and momentum, while further diversifying our revenue streams, as we continue to build a global platform business for specialist media with data at its heart.
“The Home Interest division brings a strong management team and market leading access to an attractive new vertical with clear growth potential. Home Interest’s brands, market position, industry leading events and quality content are a strong fit and will further reinforce our position as a trusted destination for consumers and for our customers.
“We have a track record in profitably integrating acquisitions and we expect the acquisition of Centaur’s Home Interest division to be materially earnings enhancing in the first full year of ownership.”
Nick Noble, Deputy Managing Director, Home Interest commented: “We are delighted to be joining Future’s portfolio of market leading brands.
“Future’s innovative platform business provides significant growth opportunities for us, particularly within eCommerce.
“We look forward to working with Future’s dynamic leadership team and to contributing to the continued growth of the Group.”
Featured Supplier Video
Publishing Software Company
PSC’s software can help you grow your business with no extra effort just simply by giving you control over every aspect and streamlining the processes you already have in place.
Business growth comes through a combination of launching more titles and selling more advertising, and both these take time and time is the one thing that publishers just don’t seem to have enough of.
We can show you how you can revolutionise the way you manage your business in just 15 minutes; email firstname.lastname@example.org now to find out more.
Most read on InPublishing
These are the most read stories on the InPublishing website over the last 14 days, in order from the top.
This list is based on data from Google Analytics, and is refreshed every 24 hours. (Last updated: 23/09/2017 07:47)