June figures from the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) reveal dmg media’s Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday newspapers both continue to grow market share of UK retail sales, outperforming competitors, says dmg.
Posted on: 20 July 2018 06:38
According to dmg media’s analysis:
* Daily Mail’s market share is 24.9%, up 0.6% year-on-year
* Saturday’s Daily Mail remains the biggest-selling newspaper on any single day, outselling its nearest competitor by 211k copies and with a UK retail sale of 1.79m copies
* The Mail on Sunday’s market share is up 0.3% year-on-year to 22%
* The Mail on Sunday’s annual UK retail sales value is £91.3m, higher than any other Sunday paper
* Metro’s national ABC figure for June is 1.474m
Roland Agambar, Chief Marketing Officer, Mail Newspapers said: “I am thrilled that the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday continue to improve year-on-year in such a competitive landscape. The numbers for June are testament to our engaging content, exciting promotions and the investment in our on-going loyalty programme MyMail.”
Featured Supplier Video
Association of Circulation Executives
A vibrant, celebratory atmosphere was prevalent at the London Marriott Grosvenor Square on Thursday 3rd May 2018 as ACE hosted The Newspaper & Magazine Awards. The Newspaper and Magazines awards this year was a truly memorable event and we are already getting ready for next year. Entry will be open from January 2019 and we want to hear from you. Have you gone out on a limb, pushing the boundaries of your title, yourself and your team? Have you seized the initiative, persevered with your strategy and achieved exceptional performance? For more information, click here
Most read on InPublishing
These are the most read stories on the InPublishing website over the last 14 days, in order from the top.
This list is based on data from Google Analytics, and is refreshed every 24 hours. (Last updated: 14/08/2018 05:15)