Do you want to support the sales of some of the world’s biggest magazine brands?
As one of the UK’s leading magazine distributors, Marketforce work closely with some of the UK’s best-known publishers to ensure their magazines get into the hands of their consumers.
The team creates sales driving strategies, advising on the best approaches to the trade marketing of their brands and developing the most striking promotions on the newsstand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Circulation Executive to join our dynamic and growing Publishing Services Team. Publishing Services provide high quality sales and marketing solutions for over 60 independent publishers. We work on a wide range of leading magazines, including HELLO!, Private Eye and The Economist.
You will support the Circulation Manager to maintain great working relationships with our clients whilst jointly developing circulation strategies to meet publisher targets. You will be comfortable juggling the requirements of a variety of different brands and clients and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop within the role and learn new skills including market analysis, supply and demand planning and trade marketing.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing sales reporting for clients, including title and market performance and return on investment
- Maintaining accurate records of trade marketing budgets and publishing schedules
- Analysing sales performance versus budget at national, regional, wholesale and retail levels
- Arranging client meetings and preparing relevant reports and documentation Ensuring the planning and allocation systems are updated on an ongoing basis
- Maintenance of internal systems with essential title level information (e.g. On sale dates, print order dates, recall dates and cover price)
- Liaising with publishing clients to agree supply and forecast sales figures by issue
- Assisting with day-to-day queries from publishers
You will need to have:
- strong communication skills with experience of interacting with key stakeholders
- competence in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint good time-management skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet strict deadlines, and excellent attention to detail
- the ability to analyse and interpret data to draw the correct conclusions and make recommendations
- strong presentation skills
- the ability to work as, both, a member of a team and independently
The successful candidate will be a pro-active individual with strong organisational skills and an ability to develop good relationships with core departments.