Exact Editions is seeking a Digital Production Assistant with 1 - 3 years experience in a production role working with PDF files.
The production team at Exact Editions are responsible for the smooth and swift process of publishing issues on behalf of the magazine and book publishers we work with, as well as overseeing the creation of digital archives.
We are looking for an individual with Adobe Acrobat experience with relevance to publishing. Individuals looking to work in film or with purely film experience need not apply.
- Preparing, importing and arranging publication of PDF files on behalf of magazine and book publishers that Exact Editions work with on a daily basis.
- Working with our internal content management software to review PDF files, organise uploads and oversee publication of issues.
- Ensuring good quality control of PDF files, communicating effectively with clients on formatting requirements and coming up with solutions using Adobe Acrobat tools to ensure a smooth workflow process.
- Managing relationships with clients daily and assisting with any ad-hoc publisher requests the production team are responsible for.
- Assisting in the production process of creating digital magazine archives.
- Identifying and suggesting ways to make workflow more efficient in production and delivering technical solutions.
- Providing administrative support to the production team.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat DC, particularly in using the Action Wizard tool to create new scripts.
- Familiar with text-searchable PDFs, identifying, editing and navigating properties within PDF files, preflight profiles, and re-arranging, editing, removing, combining or cropping pages.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, etc).
- Experience working with Google Drive (gmail, calendar, Google spreadsheets).
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and good time-management.
- Experience with the basics of HTML mark up language would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in an admin-based role or in a publishing / print environment preferable.