Do you want to manage the global sales of some of the world’s best magazine brands?
As one of the UK’s leading magazine distributors, Marketforce work closely with some of the UK’s best known Publishers. The team creates sales driving strategies, advising on the best approaches to the distribution of their brands and develop the most striking consumer promotions on the global newsstand.
The award-winning International department manage the worldwide sales and distribution of some of the world’s best magazine brands including HELLO!, Wallpaper* and Monocle.
An opportunity has arisen within our fast-paced, dynamic and creative team for an International Circulation manager to manage, develop and deliver profitable international circulation strategies across some of Marketforce’s prestigious 3rd party titles.
The successful candidate will work with the Group International Business Development Manager to be responsible for specific 3rd party Publisher portfolios and the communication and development of the export strategy for these titles. You will also manage and develop specific territories for the Marketforce portfolio. It will also be a requirement to deputise for the Group International Business Development Manager as necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with 3rd party clients to develop and implement circulation strategies for each magazine portfolio agreeing sales volumes, returns levels and promotional costs with publishers.
- Ensuring that publishers are kept fully informed of the markets they operate in and of influences that contribute to the success or failure of their circulation strategies.
- Full Budget and sales forecasting responsibility for external and internal purposes
- Effectively analyse sales data for publishing clients and territories to determine profitable future growth opportunities.
- Ensuring that all parties, both internally and externally to Marketforce, are kept fully informed of publisher activity and territory developments.
- Developing promotional opportunities within agreed promotional budgets ensuring effective implementation and monitoring of results that will aid future planning and sales development
The successful candidate must have a background in circulation and client management and be able to demonstrate their ability to work as part of a team and autonomously in a fast paced environment. Experience of trading internationally is desirable.
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in managing client account relationships;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent data analysis skills and the ability to translate raw data into tangible opportunities;
- Strong communication skills with experience of interacting with stakeholders at all levels;
- Project management skills and experience of managing multiple tasks to budget and deadline;
- Competence in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active individual that has strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate work to meet strict deadlines. You will be confident in presenting often complex data in a concise, easy-to-understand format and engaging manner.