Are you curious? Insightful? Passionate about the customer?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Marketforce for a Deputy Insight Manager on an initial 6 month contract covering maternity leave on a starting salary of £33,000.
Part of the TI Media family, Marketforce is a leading Sales, Marketing and Distribution company. With expertise across mass market and specialist products, we ensure Britain’s biggest and best publications benefit from the very best distribution to the consumer.
We work with internationally recognised brands such as HELLO!, Classic Rock, Horse & Hound, The Economist, What’s on TV and New Scientist. Insight is central to the strategy at Marketforce, and high on the agenda of our key clients and new business. Exploiting existing data and sourcing new streams of information to drive sales and strengthen Marketforce’s competitive position is key.
The Deputy Insight Manager develops and maintains the consumer insight offering at Marketforce. The objective of which is to position the company as “owning the shopper” to customers, clients and the trade.
The successful candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders, to build understanding of audiences, get clients closer to their consumers, and provide the highest level of information and insight at retail industry, magazine sector and consumer levels.
You will have the responsibility for initiating and running several projects concurrently, therefore good time management and project management skills are essential as well as an ability to delegate and engage other departments.
You will need to have:
- The ability and desire to interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and deliver commercially actionable insight to internal and external companies around the industry.
- Strong communication skills with experience of interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Competence in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience with data reporting packages.
- Experience in using data tools and systems such as Telmar, PAMCo, ABC, TGI, Nielsen AdDynamix, Comscore, Google Analytics, IGD and Mintel (training will be provided).
- Experience of working within an insight and/or media environment would be beneficial.
- A relevant degree or related professional/academic qualification would be beneficial.
- Experience in running training, coaching and presentation sessions so as to ensure maximum value is derived from our investment in insight.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, pro-active individual that has strong organisational skills and high attention to detail. You will be an insightful, analytical, commercial thinker demonstrating a ‘can do’ approach. You will thrive in a busy environment and develop new research strategies and conduct focus groups to ensure Marketforce maintains its competitive edge.