Delivering a new look and more engaging content, webuser.co.uk has a vastly improved layout making it clearer and easier to navigate, and ensuring the brand’s depth of content is more accessible, says the publisher. It has additionally benefited from a beta testing period to gain useful feedback from the brand’s valuable audience.
Webuser.co.uk now also offers a greater choice of advertising formats, such as leaderboards and MPUs, plus opportunities to sponsor specific site sections.
New sections include:
* Help & Advice – offering solutions to over 150 common PC and internet problems, expert guides to the latest technology and step-by-step workshops
* Broadband – including a speed tester, broadband price comparison and bandwidth calculator sit alongside useful guides to making the most of your high-speed internet connection
* Videos – showcasing Web User’s growing number of ‘How-To’ videos and product reviews
The new webuser.co.uk also includes four daily blogs:
* News – the Web User news team offers insight and opinion on the web's hot topics
* Gadget – the latest gadgets, gizmos and new products
* Online Fun – the web's best funny videos, games and silly websites
* Watch Online – Web User’s guide to the best TV, film, music and sport on the web.
Claire Woffenden, editor of Web User and webuser.co.uk, says: “Our new-look site brings to the web the qualities that have made Web User the UK’s best-selling internet magazine – expert technology advice, useful tips and engaging content in a format that's easy to follow.”
Lee Aylett, head of web technology for IPC Inspire, adds: “We’ve developed a cleaner and simpler navigation system for Webuser.co.uk so visitors can find the content they want quickly and easily. Every aspect of the new website, from the look and feel through to the enhanced functionality, is user-focused and we’ve concentrated on increasing the ways visitors can interact with content in the form of ratings, comments and sharing tools.”
IPC Media says: “Web User and its website www.webuser.co.uk launched in March 2001. WebUser.co.uk is the online home of Web User, the UK's favourite Internet magazine. The site is an essential source of news, reviews and opinion for anyone that wants to get more from their online experience.”