The AOP Digital Publishing Summit event provides industry leaders with insight across all aspects of digital publishing and takes place later this month at etc.venues, County Hall, London, on 30th October 2019.
Featured speakers include Dame Frances Cairncross, who will discuss her insights from working on the government-commissioned review into the future of news and quality content; Sean Pillot de Chenecey, author of 'The Post Truth Business', who will focus on regaining consumer trust in a modern business climate of scandal, fake news and disillusionment; and Steve Wood, Deputy Commissioner, ICO, who will provide an essential guide to the future expectations on data privacy.
Speakers from across the media industry will offer their perspectives, opinions and solutions on how to overcome the current challenges facing online publishing. Topics will include personalization, transparency of the supply chain, and the diversifying of revenues with a focus on ecommerce and subscription based models.
Featured sessions include ‘Taking control with ad tech transparency’ led by Steve Palin, Director Publisher Business Development, Xandr, and involves looking at the transparency pilots by JICWEBS and AOP. Meanwhile, ‘Strategies for growth in a world of podcasts and voice activation’, explores the integration of podcasts and how to leverage them to grow subscriptions and revenues.
Other sessions include:
- Leveraging your authentic brand voice to build new revenues
- 5G and its implications for digital publishers
- Evolving content distribution strategies in an era of fake news and content aggregation
- How publishers can manage the increasingly complex programmatic supply chain
- What’s next for video strategies
- Innovations in subscription and membership models for digital publishing
- Data Science as Service
- Strategies for growth in the booming world of podcasts
- Where less data is more: learning to be innovative in building and monetising data
Richard Reeves, managing director at AOP, comments: “The Digital Publishing Summit is designed to provide publishers and advertisers with the opportunity to not only share insight, but to really get stuck into debating real issues and finding real answers they can take away and implement.
“Alongside some of our notable keynote speakers, we encourage delegates to attend the breakout sessions that are most relevant to them – whether that’s how to build growth through podcasts, manage content distribution, navigate the supply chain or sharing best practice for creating profitable subscriptions models, as an alternative to driving advertising revenue. As an industry, we’ve never worked better together to overcome the joint challenges we face and, this year I expect to see a strong focus on collaboration as the key to success.”
Other speakers include:
- Martin Ashplant, Chief Digital Officer, Beano Studios
- Bedir Aydemir, Head of Audience and Data, News UK
- Adrian Barrick, Group Editorial Director, Incisive Media
- Polly Curtis, Partner, Tortoise Media
- Lauren Dick, Director Business Development, Mail Metro Media
- Per Hakon Fasting, Head of Advertising, Schibsted
- Jo Holdaway, Chief Data Officer, ESI Media
- Laura Jenner, Product Director, Immediate Media
- David McGovern, Director, Exponent
- Mike Migliore, Head of Customer Value, News UK
- Sasha Mordehai, Director Operations and Programmatic, Media Impact GMBH
- Johanna Vartiainen, Director Digital Ad Operations and Development, Alma Media Corporation
- Pete Wootton, Chief Digital Officer, Dennis Publishing