Since the release of ChatGPT, the feedback from users was that they love using ChatGPT on the go. OpenAI have announced the launch of the ChatGPT app for iOS.
OpenAI says the ChatGPT app is free to use and syncs users history across devices. It also integrates Whisper, their open-source speech-recognition system, enabling voice input. ChatGPT Plus subscribers get exclusive access to GPT-4’s capabilities, early access to features and faster response times, all on iOS, added the company.
OpenAI outlined the versatility of ChatGPT as follows:
- Instant answers: Get precise information without sifting through ads or multiple results.
- Tailored advice: Seek guidance on cooking, travel plans, or crafting thoughtful messages.
- Creative inspiration: Generate gift ideas, outline presentations, or write the perfect poem.
- Professional input: Boost productivity with idea feedback, note summarization, and technical topic assistance.
- Learning opportunities: Explore new languages, modern history, and more at your own pace.
The company says they are starting their rollout in the US and will expand to additional countries in the coming weeks, and are eager to see how users use the app. As they gather user feedback, OpenAI says they are committed to continuous feature and safety improvements for ChatGPT.
With the ChatGPT app for iOS, the company says they are taking another step towards their mission by transforming state-of-the-art research into useful tools that empower people, while continuously making them more accessible.
The company says they are currently developing an app for Android users, and ChatGPT will be available on Android devices soon.Keep up-to-date with publishing news: sign up here for InPubWeekly, our free weekly e-newsletter.