This move takes advantage of the synergy with the other newspapers of the SETA group (Trentino and Alto Adige), optimizing and evolving the production system, says Atex.
SIE SpA is the publisher of L’Adige, Alto Adige and Trentino, a leader of daily information in Italian in Trentino and Alto Adige. The group has a combined spread of 40,000 print copies and 2 million unique web visitors per month.
SIE, after merging with SETA, started a process that would create immediate synergy between all the titles within the group. The aim was to optimize workflows and resources, to better enhance the assets of the group.
The Atex Desk system chosen by SIE includes the following features:
- A multi-channel system, which enables editors and journalists to work transparently on web and print. The system also allows for easy adoption of converged editorial organizations.
- A multi-title system that gives the group flexibility to implement new convergence strategies for the management of different media on different titles.
- The Atex system is housed in a private cloud that guarantees safety, efficiency and allows for the rapid implementation of new editorial projects thanks to the 24/7 support from Atex Managed Services.
- The project in SaaS mode allows planning of management costs of the entire platform, simplifying investment over the years.
- Management of video and podcast content is integrated into the multi-channel production workflow thanks to a partnership with MainStreaming.
The new system ensures collaboration between the various editorial sources while maintaining the possibility of having different workflows based on editorial needs. This allows the group to experiment with innovative print products that can exploit the concept of fluid models of the Desk system. Fluid models give the ability to intuitively manage page design, starting from a baseline that can be adapted according to the available content, says Atex.
The scope of the project also includes L’Adige’s website redesign.
The new L’Adige editorial system and website went live in March, to resounding results.
Page views in the period from 1 to 14 April 2021, compared to the same period in the previous year, increased from 4.68 million to 6.20 million, an increase of 30%, say the publishers.
You can find out more about Atex in our Publishing Services Directory.