Media Voices have announced the winners of 2023’s Publisher Podcast Awards, following a ceremony which took place on Wednesday 26th April at Proud Cabaret City in London.
The awards are a celebration of the podcasting success of publishers and media organisations, says Media Voices, whether they’ve been in the podcasting space a while, or have just launched.
From over 200 entries and a shortlist of 120 podcasts, their judges marked the podcasts on a range of factors, including production quality, how well the podcast reflected the publisher’s brand, and strategies to grow the audience.
The 2023 winners are as follows:
- Best B2B Podcast – The Authority File – Choice
- Best Entertainment & Culture Podcast (sponsored by Steady) – Film Stories with Simon Brew – Film Stories
- Best Family & Lifestyle Podcast - Money Clinic with Claer Barrett – Financial Times
- Best Food & Drink Podcast - BBC Good Food Podcast – Immediate Media
- Best Health & Wellbeing Podcast – The Reset Room – NationalWorld
- Best Hobbies & Special Interest Podcast – History Extra – Immediate Media
- Best Investigative Podcast - Hot Money – Financial Times
- Best Limited Series – Bed of Lies: Blood – The Telegraph
- Best Local & Community Podcast – The Northern Agenda – Reach, Laudable
- Best News Podcast – Ukrainecast – BBC
- Best Partner Podcast - “Are You Sleeping?” – Vox Creative, Mattress Firm
- Best Political Podcast – The New Statesman Podcast – The New Statesman
- Best Science & Medical Podcast – Mysteries of Science – The Week Junior Science & Nature, Future PLC
- Best Sport Podcast – The Everything is Black and White Podcast – Chronicle Live, Reach PLC
- Best Technology Podcast – Engineering Matters – Reby Media
- Best Commercial Strategy – The New Statesman podcast network – The New Statesman
- Best Video Strategy - Kammy and Ben’s Proper Football Podcast – BBC, Folding Pocket
- Best Podcast Launch – PodPod – Haymarket
From these 18 category winners, the Media Voices team says they listened to them all and chose an overall winning podcast. This year’s winners are an especially strong cohort, they added. But Media Voices says there was one podcast in particular that stood out. The Awards team were each blown away by its quality, and the numerous comments from judges have reinforced the decision:
- Publisher Podcast Of The Year (sponsored by Megaphone): Hot Money – Financial Times.
To secure podcasting as a successful part of a publisher's strategy, there are often key people within the business driving best practice, seeking inspiration, and looking for new opportunities, added Media Voices. Their Publisher Podcast Hero of the Year award celebrates an individual who has gone above and beyond to demonstrate the value of podcasting to their organisation:
- Publisher Podcast Hero of the Year: Jack Meegan-Vickers, Global InitiativeAgainst Transnational Organized Crime
You can see the full shortlist and winning podcasts here.Keep up-to-date with publishing news: sign up here for InPubWeekly, our free weekly e-newsletter.