Did you receive your copy of the 2021 Publishing Partners Guide? First and foremost a directory with in-depth profiles of sixty suppliers, the PPG also contains eleven articles. Below are some of the best bits from those articles, with links to the digital edition.
- “Young people have even found they did indeed need the news after all.” (Ray Snoddy on the outlook for national news media.)
- “Readers want, maybe even crave, the curated, packaged, and delivered content experience.” (BlueToad’s Paul DeHart on pivoting to digital – advertorial.)
- “For more than a decade, we have seen the orderly, sometimes disorderly, management of decline. Now radical change is urgently needed – with a huge emphasis on digital.” (Peter Sands on the outlook for regional news media.)
- “You don’t need to boil the ocean to make progress. Practice iterative improvement without huge budgets to deliver it.” (Simplifying digital transformation; advertorial by Full Fat Things’ Stewart Robinson.)
- “Covid-19 delivered the proof that threats and opportunities can be two sides of the one coin.” (Sally Hampton on the outlook for consumer media.)
- “Shouldn’t we be as reliant on data for making decisions as insurance companies are?” (AdvantageCS’s Dan Heffernan on why publishers should stop relying on gut feel – advertorial.)
- “B2B media companies must understand exactly how expectations and attitudes have been permanently changed by the pandemic.” (Colin Morrison on the outlook for B2B media.)
- “Companies have the opportunity to rethink the employee experience.” (JCA’s Brin Bucknor on where media owners should be focusing their resources in 2021 – advertorial.)
- “Seamless interactivity is now the norm, and the industry is shifting from content production, to content as an experience.” (Clare Broadbent on the outlook for customer media.)
- “Carbon offsetting is beginning to gain more traction as an additional step towards reducing environmental footprints.” (Denmaur’s Danny Doogan on creating a sustainable future for paper and print – advertorial.)
- “The availability of so much information has made it possible for companies to make significantly sharper decisions.” (Readly’s Chris Couchman on the importance of data – advertorial.)
Do also check out the partner profiles. A good place to start your search for a new supplier is the ‘partner category’ pages.
(And finally, did you catch this week’s excellent podcast with Women’s Running editor Esther Newman? It’s well worth a listen. It’s also Ciar Byrne’s last episode as presenter before moving onto pastures new. Many thanks to her for everything.)