The new-look magazine is designed to create a strong magazine for the core Nikon enthusiast, as well as new hobby photographers and former readers who haven’t picked it up in a little while, says Future.
Some of the new features include:
- A new logo comes with a new strapline “The Nikon Magazine” and a badge that boasts its “100% Unofficial” status.
- A full-bleed cover image is used for the first time in the magazine’s history.
- The issue is now presented in a bag along with a set of pocket tips cards – in addition to the usual video disc.
- There are new columns in the magazine from landscape and travel specialist Tom Mackie, and from Paul Wilkinson, who will share his experiences of becoming a working pro.
- The practical nature of the title has been re-emphasised with a re-worked Skills section, and with a re-invented Apprentice masterclass that is now found right at the front of the title.
The team says it is now working on the 100th issue of N–Photo, a special premium issue with a 52-page supplement that goes on sale in a couple of months’ time.