The new app allows users to enjoy a trivia game for football fans and is available through voice-enabled devices on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
The quiz consists of five questions, with players able to compete at two levels: in the easier Sunday League or the more challenging Pro League. With every correct answer, players score points for their favourite club and contribute to that club’s overall position on a leaderboard at MOTDmag.com.
Once users have answered their weekly questions, they can keep practising in ‘Training mode’ before the fresh quiz is released every Tuesday.
The voice app is designed to be as intuitive and engaging as possible for younger audiences and features exclusive voice recordings and animations from BBC Match of the Day writers, Paz and Ketch.
Matt Ketchell, Digital Editor at BBC Match of the Day magazine, said: “We know how much our readers love testing their football knowledge in our print title, so it’s a big buzz to extend our quiz offering beyond the page and into even more homes via our very first voice app. We're giving supporters something they’ve always dreamed of – an opportunity to represent their favourite club! Not on the grass, but in the quiz arena where their knowledge will contribute to a real-time leaderboard of over 100 clubs which will reveal who has the most knowledgeable fans!”
The voice app is available to play via a smart-speaker or on a mobile phone using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant!
To get started, listeners should say: "Alexa, open Match of the Day magazine" or "Hey Google, talk to Match of the Day magazine".
- Select the level (Sunday League for easier questions or Pro League for a more challenging game).
- Choose a Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership or National League club to represent and score points for.
- Answer all five questions as best you can and contribute to your club’s average score.
- Check the leaderboard at MOTDmag.com to track how your club is doing.
- Keep practising between the weekly quizzes via the training mode pool of questions.
The BBC Match of the Day magazine voice app is live on Alexa and Google Home now.