Ahead of the Bloomberg UK Wealth debut, two of the UK's best-known personal finance journalists – Merryn Somerset Webb and John Stepek — recently joined Bloomberg. Somerset Webb, a senior columnist, previously served as editor-in-Chief and was the launch editor of financial magazine MoneyWeek. She also wrote a weekly column at the Financial Times. Stepek became a senior reporter on Bloomberg’s Wealth team after spending 17 years at MoneyWeek, most recently in the role of executive editor and as the main writer of the Money Morning newsletter.
According to the publishers, key features of Bloomberg UK Wealth include:
- Up-to-the minute wealth news from the UK and around the globe curated for Bloomberg’s UK audience.
- A weekly Bloomberg Opinion column by Somerset Webb on the worlds of investment and personal finance.
- A new podcast, “Merryn Talks Money,” featuring interviews with influential personal finance experts, and debuting later this year.
- A daily newsletter, “Money Distilled,” written by Stepek, looks at the biggest developments in the world of markets and economics and explains what it means for people’s money. “Money Distilled” launched in October.
- A new Property section, featuring regular assessments of the UK housing market and a column on the world of prime property markets.
- Interactive, data-driven features and charts.
- Original video content.
Bloomberg UK National Editor Victoria Wakely and Bloomberg's personal finance team leader Craig Giammona are overseeing Bloomberg UK Wealth content. Bloomberg Opinion's Nicole Torres will edit Somerset Webb's weekly column.
In May 2022, Bloomberg Media launched Bloomberg UK, a cross-platform editorial brand dedicated to digital-first business and financial news for modern British audiences.
Keep up-to-date with publishing news: sign up here for InPubWeekly, our free weekly e-newsletter.